Monday, May 18, 2015

Borneo, here I (we) come!

A little nostalgic as I am about to set foot on Kota Kinabalu again after sooo many years. The last time I was there, I was there with Damai Winds - my secondary school band back in... 1997? I was definitely 14, where we went on an invitation from Yamaha Music to Sabah to do a concert. We went as a combined band - Beatty Secondary's Military Band and Damai Secondary's Symphonic Band (also known as concert band).

Vividly, I remembered about buying those Chinese face masks, slicing them across, painting them white and... That faithful night, we took Kota Kinabalu by storm with our rendition of Phantom of the Opera. The rest was history.

Just a couple of days ago, some former peeps from Suntec bar initiated a chat asking for a meet up. Great old memories. If only life is a movie where we could play back, not to change a thing but just to recap and reminisce.

Back to the trip: Going on a somewhat off the beaten track trip with one of my colleague. What I am really looking forward to aside to the fondness we both have for coffee, is the remark I made about following him diet throughout the trip. Why you'd ask? Wait, did I mention anywhere he is a vegetarian?

I hear mind telling me: "Peter, it is only for 4 days."

I will survive.





P.S. I love my better half, for completing me :)

No comments: